Age: 5 y.o.
Surgeon: Dr Silja Cahen, DVM, specialist in surgery and physiotherapy in a referral private practice, Prof Didier Fau, DVM, Veterinary School of Lyon (FRANCE)
Location: Reims, FRANCE
Physiotherapist: Dr Silja Cahen, DVM, specialist in surgery and physiotherapy in a referral private practice
Pathology: Fibro Cartilaginous Embolism (FCE).
Beauty a Labrador with symmetric and then asymmetric pedal system.
- 5 months after her FCE, Beauty was equipped with her KerDOG (still in a prototype phase) operating in a regular symmetric mode (her two legs being equally mobilized by the Kerdog ). This step 1 lasted around 3 weeks and then Beauty recovered strongly from her left hind limb and recovered her urinary and fecal continences. This limb became stronger enough to almost allow Beauty to walk again with her 3 valid legs and led to having Beauty able to block the pedal system. Thus we decided to equip Beauty with an asymmetric pedal system allowing to only mobilize the most handicapped leg, meaning her right hind limb. This step 1Bis lasted only 2 weeks and allowed Beauty to only recover some very limited seldom voluntary movements on her most paralyzed leg
- Beauty at start of her rehab process:
- Beauty in the step 1 symmetric rehabilitation mode:
- Beauty in the step 1Bis asymmetric rehabilitation mode:
- Beauty after totaling around 5 weeks rehabilitation process: